In Vegas they make predictions all the time. The goal of Vegas predictions (especially with football lines) is to guess the exact difference in score so that everybody loses their money. Or put the odds in that place where people are willing to fork over their dough in hopes of increased cash flow, but not too high as to cause bankruptcy if you have to pay out.
The World Series is full of predictions and betting. I could predict the Rockies sweeping the Sox and with The Greek having that at 25:1, I could put down $100 and walk away with $2500. But since I think that the Sox will win in 6 (agreeing with Vegas, disagreeing with Serpico who thinks the Sox sweep) it would be me putting down $100 and walking away with $0.
I wondered if any of the Nerds on Sports predictions could lead to some good betting lines, so I asked the team to break out their crystal balls and let me know what they saw. As it turns out we have some active crystal balls. Here are the NoS Predictions:
On Field antics:
- David Ortiz makes a diving catch at first.
- Kaz Matsui goes 0 for the entire world series (I know, not a stretch).
- Troy Tolowiski smokes some weed (look at the picture:
.com/images/players/mugshot/ph _453064.jpg )
- Eric Gagne pitches a scoreless seventh inning. In a PawSox uniform. In 2009.
- Pappelbon wears his goggles while pitching.
- It will snow during the games… while in Boston. Read More