Hey. How Y’all doing? I’m in Dallas this week for business (not Nerds on Sports business) but I was able to take in a Mavricks’ game. I shall tell you all about the game when I get home and can upload the pictures. I don’t have the necessary cables to connect my camera to my laptop. Plus I shouldn’t be using too much of this $10 a night hotel internet for non-work reasons. (Of note: if I stayed in a worse [read: cheaper] hotel like Holiday Inn they have wireless internet and it’s free. The only difference between the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn is the size of the lobby and ballroom.)
Now that I’ve complained about the stupidity of the hospitality business, here are some fun links for you to check out.
- Mental Floss (great magazine – I wish I subscribed) has a story about some odd sports like cheese rolling and tuna throwing.
- Sean Taylor should have been able to defend himself? (I’ve been in Texas for 3 days and haven’t seen a gun.)
- Best Week Ever has that don’t belong to sports team.
- Carl from Aqua Teen chimes in on the whole Mitchel Report fiasco.
- Men’s Health has an article on the drunkest cities. Perhaps we can find a connection with drunk cities and terrible sports teams?