I'm the Computer Nerd of the Nerds on Sports.
In Vegas they make predictions all the time. The goal of Vegas predictions (especially with football lines) is to guess the exact difference in score so that everybody loses their money. Or put the odds in that place where people are willing to fork over their dough in hopes of increased cash flow, but not too high as to cause bankruptcy if you have to pay out.
The World Series is full of predictions and betting. I could predict the Rockies sweeping the Sox and with The Greek having that at 25:1, I could put down $100 and walk away with $2500. But since I think that the Sox will win in 6 (agreeing with Vegas, disagreeing with Serpico who thinks the Sox sweep) it would be me putting down $100 and walking away with $0.
I wondered if any of the Nerds on Sports predictions could lead to some good betting lines, so I asked the team to break out their crystal balls and let me know what they saw. As it turns out we have some active crystal balls. Here are the NoS Predictions:
On Field antics:
- David Ortiz makes a diving catch at first.
- Kaz Matsui goes 0 for the entire world series (I know, not a stretch).
- Troy Tolowiski smokes some weed (look at the picture:
- Eric Gagne pitches a scoreless seventh inning. In a PawSox uniform. In 2009.
- Pappelbon wears his goggles while pitching.
- It will snow during the games… while in Boston. Read More
I don’t have all the time in the world for my post because Halo 3 is here, and I have to get back to helping Cortana and killing aliens. So I’ll just send you to a few lists I’ve recently read in the Blogo-Icosahedron (or Blogosahedron for short).
The first is a list of sports blogger types from Epic Carnival. Where do you think the NoS writers fit in to that? What are we missing? I know we need another writer, so perhaps I should find someone that helps us round out this list. ?????? ??? ?????
The second is a baseball is better than men list from Babes Love Baseball. So I figured I could extend the ‘Women > Baseball > Men’ list thing and say Why Women are Better Than Baseball:
- Women don’t disappear and exist on rumors for 6 months of the year.
- Women are much better at fitting dates into your schedule. When was the last time a baseball game was delayed because you had to work late or go on a business trip? ????? ????? ?? ???? ???????
- Women try to look good for you, Baseball teams keep JD Drew on the roster.
- Women are sensitive. There’s no crying in baseball. (I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing.)
- Women listen to you when you’re upset or angry (then they twist those words at a later time).
- Most women are hotter than most baseball players. (to me anyways)
- You have a much wider choice when it comes to women. With baseball, you have about 30 choices, with most of those being long distance relationships.
- Women are unpredictable. Add some excitement to your life. ????? ??? ??????
- A good women will enjoy baseball with you.
- Most women don’t give you an 86 year drought without going all the way.
Ok, go enjoy Halo 3, or make me a list that says men are better than baseball (if that is even possible).
As you probably noticed (unless you’re reading this from the RSS feed only) I have changed the theme for Nerds on Sports – I hope you like it. ???? ??????? ????????? There are still a lot of tweaks that I want to to but just haven’t gotten around to doing. I have also added a plugin so now the feed contains the entire post even if the “Read More” tag is used to keep the front page and tag search pages from being too long. I’ve updated some of my other plugins and the WordPress engine itself. bet365 ???? If you notice any issues or have suggestions, please do not hesitate to tell us.
Also, while watching Sunday Night Football this evening I decided that watching football should be like playing games online on Xbox Live – I want the ability to mute certain people. Do you think that will ever happen? ???? ????? ?? ???????