Crazy Football Predictions
As Perich mentioned yesterday, it’s the second happiest time of the year. There are many signs that are pointing to this fact: all the sports blogs are posting about football, everyone in your office is asking about this year’s Fantasy Football league, and Madden 2008 is available for purchase. I’m part of the first one now; I already consider my $50 a lost cause; and I’ve thought about renting the 17th roster update for EA’s largest game — They have this new “weapons” system that sounds a bit intriguing.
But football isn’t actually here just yet, but I will tell you what to expect from this year. (Note: I am no expert and I’ve only done about 2 minutes of research.)
- You can expect another well known football player to get arrested and fined by the NFL.
- Michael Vick will spend a year in prison. During that time he will be able to work out more often, increase his strength training, and do some reading. The results of this will be threefold: 1 – there will be a football match against the guards that the prisoners win. 2 – The increase in strength will allow Vick to play as his own offensive line. And finally 3 – the increased reading time will allow Vick to earn his associates degree in both refrigerator maintenance and nursing.
- Crowd noise will be on a rise throughout the league now that the crowd noise penalty has been .
- Younger sister of Jets center Nick Mangold will be by colleges around the country until she tells them all football is just a hobby, she wants to be a doctor.
- The New England Patriots are going to win every game they decide to play this season.
- The New England Patriots will decide not to play their final game of the regular season.
Beckham will cry when he doesn’t make the playoffsSorry, wrong “football”
- ADD interruption: Check out this Slip & Slide.
- LaDainian Tomlinson will rush for approximately one million yards.
- Due to the Madden Curse, Vince Young will have 3 heart attacks, a broken arm, and catch malaria this season.
That’s all I can think of for now. What do you think is going to happen this year?